Tuesday, May 11, 2010

The Drunken Tattoos


The Drunken Tattoos

Being a person who is throughly enthralled with piercings and tattoos. I made a very large mistake. After a night of partying and drinking and all that other what not. I got a tattoo. Not just at a tattoo parlor but at a friends house with a tattoo gun, a bed and a few friends.

My good friend was getting a tattoo from the guy she worked with and sitting there watching I decided I wanted one. Now, number one mistake was this was not a rational decision. It was a drunken and spontaneuos decision. So I asked BJ if he would give me one too. He said for me to look though all his tattoo magazines and figure out something I wanted. I knew I wanted something small and somewhere that I could cover up if I needed too. Which I did. So, his wife helped me out. They didn't know I was as drunk as I seemed. But by that time I had sobered up some. I decided on a small heart with devil horns. Kind of New Skool looking. So, she drew it up for me changing it so it wouldn't look exactly like the drawing in the magazine and she added a tail to it. which I thought was a nice touch.So after about a half hour he finished my friends and it looked pretty good. I decided to get mine on my inner ankle. So he changed the needles and cleaned up everything. Now mistake number two I didn't check to see where he had placed the tattoo. It was higher and more out to the front of my leg. It's fine where it is but not how I wanted it.* remember I was intoxicated.

Before all this happened they kept asking how much I had drank because of course the alcohol thins your blood and they didn't want me bleeding everywhere. mistake number three- I lied. So anyways on to the tattooing. So he starts tattooing the outline and it wasn't that bad at first but after a few minutes it started to get "annoying". We had to break a few times because the gun was not working all that well. As I look back on all this I think stupid, stupid, stupid. Several times I twitched my ankle just because of reflex, my friend was holding my leg down so I wouldn't do it.

They were all laughing at me because I had a stupid grin on my face the whole time. I was happy that I finally got a tattoo but I regret not thinking about it more. I love my tattoo it turned out really good and it's very cute. The design is quite unique when people see it there like what is that? So i point out the heart with horns and tail. It's small so you have to be real close up to see the full detail. Ok I'm going off my subject. Oh and I also only paid 10 bucks that's gotta tell ya something.

So , the whole tattooing took about 15 minutes but he spent like 30 between all the breaks. He put some A+D ointment on it and put some plastic stuff on it. It didn't bleed as much as we all thought it would only in a few spots. After my whole exprience I was sober. You think?

When I went home I went straight to bed because it was 5 o' clock in the morning. No one in my family knew for about a month and a half. I'm pretty damn sneaky huh? But when they finally did find out they were disappointed but did not react like I thought they would.

As I look back on all this I don't regret my actual tattoo but the fact that I didn't do it in a safe, clean environment. Tattoos are done at a tatoo parlor and thats it. BJ no longer does tattooing. I know a few people who have gotten tattoos from him. Some were good and some not so good. The whole exprience was not in my best interest. Since I've gotten it I definitely want more. I know what I have to do know. I'm glad i had enough sense to get it some where that isn't all that noticable and it's small enough but big enough. I dont know. All that I remember was pretty foggy anyway. Whose a huge loser!?!?! SARAH IS!

So, What have we learned from our little exprience? No matter what you do be sure you are trully ready for your tattoo. Think about it, plan it, draw it, make it your own. I'm happy I have my tattoo. Don't be intoxicated when you get any sort of body modification done, it just doesn't help with ANYTHING. I definitely plan on getting many more tattoos. But now I know not to be stupid and I'm much more educated about all this than I was a few months ago. Don't be dumb like me, educate yourself about these things, know what you want, don't be so spontaneous with something like this, go to a good tattoo shop. Respect Yourself.




No comments:

Post a Comment